Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Icknield way response

The Icknield Way painted by Spencer Gore is a wonderful Piece of artwork. It is a painting of a Valley when the sun is setting. The painting is of a country road in 1912, the beautiful lights of the sky is beaming down onto the grass and making the world have a pinkish tinge to it. The sky steals the show with its vibrant colors which can stop you in your tracks.


This artwork shows Spencer Gore's skill with his brush and lets the viewer finally see what the perfect sunset is, the artworks strong points are color choice,landscape and its calming nature.


The calming nature
This artwork captures the perfect sunset. With no human life to be seen, no Roar of a motor or the sound of the city, you can really relax.
The Calming colours like green,yellow and pink , beaming sun and that  you're left  to yourself Is, for me, very calming.


Color choice
Spencer Gore used very very nice colors choices, with the use of hot and cold it relaxes the eyes and you wish that you were there. The sky steals the show with its pink yellow contrast. The greens that Spencer used brings out the valley and brings thought to this painting.



How this links to me
This links to me because at my house there is a similar farm rode on the top of some planes when I sit there and watch the sunset it makes me thing about a lot of things and it makes me feel the same as when I look at this painting.


Overall I like this painting because of the sky and the road in the middle. The background,middleground and foreground all contrast each other.


I recommend going to see this painting In person or learning about spencer gore.
                              

                              https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/beta/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.